Press24 News Live
Press24 News is Tv Channel brings live india news,top headlines,hindi breaking news (English News)Latest News from India & World for you

Settlement reached in 2013 Minneapolis police shooting

0


Minneapolis has reached a tentative wrongful death settlement with the family of a 22-year-old African American man who was shot and killed by police seven years ago, according to a public filing

MINNEAPOLIS —
Minneapolis has reached a tentative wrongful death settlement with the family of a 22-year-old African American man who was shot and killed by police seven years ago, according to a public filing.

A settlement conference was held Tuesday before Magistrate Judge David Schultz, said Michael Padden, the family’s attorney.

He would not disclose terms of the agreement, which still requires approval by the Minneapolis City Council.

The death of Terrence Franklin in 2013 sparked outrage, as protesters and civil rights activists challenged the official version of events.

Police said Franklin was a burglary suspect, killed by pursuing officers in a basement after he grabbed an MP5 gun and shot and injured two of them — a contention his attorneys vehemently denied. A grand jury said there was not enough evidence to prosecute officers.

The victim’s father, Walter Louis Franklin II, however said his son was shot after he had already surrendered. He had multiple gunshot woods.

There was no immediate comment from the Minneapolis police department.

How You Feel about this News,Post your comments and share the news..
(News are directly taken from Syndicate feeds,Press24 team not edited its content instead for title for more information visit source link)

Source link

قالب وردپرس

Leave a Comment

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. AcceptRead More

Select currency
INR Indian rupee