Connect with us

Top News

Retailer Organization Says Retail Sales Reached 95 Percent Of The Pre Covid Level In The Domestic Market In September

blank

Published

on

blank

Business Desk, Press24 News, New Delhi

Published by: Kuldeep Singh
Updated Thu, 14 Oct 2021 02:04 AM IST

Summary

Rye CEO Kumar Rajagopalan said retail sales were down just 4 per cent as compared to September 2019. The highest increase of 33 per cent was in South India, while 30 per cent in the eastern region, 26 per cent in the western region and 16 per cent in North India.

hear the news

The Association of Retailers (RIE) on Wednesday claimed that sales in the domestic market in September have reached 95 per cent of pre-Covid levels, compared to 26 per cent growth in September last year.

Rai said, 26 percent faster than September, 2020
Rye CEO Kumar Rajagopalan said retail sales were down just 4 per cent as compared to September 2019. The highest increase of 33 per cent was in South India, while 30 per cent in the eastern region, 26 per cent in the western region and 16 per cent in North India.

Sales across all business segments are picking up ahead of the festivals and are expected to surpass pre-Covid levels next month. The number of hotel, restaurant goers is increasing continuously, while the sales of sporting goods, clothing and other essential products are also showing a jump. Festivals like Dussehra-Diwali can give a new impetus to the market.

Cement production increased by 44 percent in 5 months
Cement production has jumped 44 per cent in the last five months on the back of reforms in the real estate sector and increased housing sales. Domestic rating agency Icra said on Wednesday that even compared to April-September, 2019, cement production has increased by 2 percent to 142 million tonnes. ICRA has projected a 12 per cent growth in cement production in the current financial year, which may be at 332 million tonnes.

Expansion

The Association of Retailers (RIE) on Wednesday claimed that sales in the domestic market in September have reached 95 per cent of pre-Covid levels, compared to 26 per cent growth in September last year.

Rai said, 26 percent faster than September, 2020

Rye CEO Kumar Rajagopalan said retail sales were down just 4 per cent as compared to September 2019. The highest increase of 33 per cent was in South India, while 30 per cent in the eastern region, 26 per cent in the western region and 16 per cent in North India.

Sales across all business segments are picking up ahead of the festivals and are expected to surpass pre-Covid levels next month. The number of hotel, restaurant goers is increasing continuously, while the sales of sporting goods, clothing and other essential products are also showing a jump. Festivals like Dussehra-Diwali can give a new impetus to the market.

Cement production increased by 44 percent in 5 months

Cement production has jumped 44 per cent in the last five months on the back of reforms in the real estate sector and increased housing sales. Domestic rating agency Icra said on Wednesday that even compared to April-September, 2019, cement production has increased by 2 percent to 142 million tonnes. ICRA has projected a 12 per cent growth in cement production in the current financial year, which may be at 332 million tonnes.

Disclaimer: This post has been auto-published from an agency/news feed without any modifications to the text and has not been reviewed by an editor.

Top News

china on arunachal pradesh: china objects vice president arunachal trip

blank

Published

on

blank

New Delhi
While the dispute between India and China continues over the border dispute, China has now raised objections to Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu’s visit to Arunachal Pradesh. India has also responded to this objection of China. On behalf of the Ministry of External Affairs, it was said that there is no reason to object to the visit of Indian leaders to any state in India. Defense experts Brahma Chelani is linking this whole issue to Xi Jinping’s visit to Tibet.

India’s defense expert Brahma Chelani said in a tweet that there was no response from the Indian side on Xi Jinping’s provocative visit to Tibet. Jinping’s call for an overnight stay at a PLA base just 15 km from the Indian border and a call for war preparedness. There could have been no reaction from India and no wonder it has prompted China to oppose the Vice President’s visit to Arunachal.

Chinese President Xi Jinping visited Tibet in July this year for the first time since becoming General Secretary of the Communist Party of China in 2013. During this, Jinping also visited famous Buddhist monasteries like Drepung Monastery, Barkhor Street and Potala Palace in the capital Lhasa. China is also going to build airports in three new areas of Tibet, namely Lunze County, Tingri County and Burang County. China is going to start the airport being built in these areas by the end of 2025.

India China Border Row: India made a mistake by moving away from Kailash range? China started showing eyes again
External Affairs Ministry Spokesperson Arindam Bagchi said there was no reason for Indian leaders to object to the visit to any state in India. Bagchi said, “We have seen the remarks of the Chinese official spokesman today. We reject such statements. Arunachal Pradesh is an integral and integral part of India. The Spokesperson of the Ministry of External Affairs said this in response to a question about the objection of the Ministry of External Affairs of China to the recent visit of Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu to Arunachal Pradesh.

china objects vice president Arunachal trip

Disclaimer: This post has been auto-published from an agency/news feed without any modifications to the text and has not been reviewed by an editor.

Continue Reading

Top News

Maharashtra bjp 72 Hour Long Hunger Strike In Latur For Aid To Rain-hit Farmers Ends

blank

Published

on

blank

Summary

The hunger strike began on Monday and ended hours after the Maharashtra government announced financial assistance late on Wednesday. Maharashtra government has announced financial assistance of Rs 10,000 crore for farmers whose crops were damaged due to heavy rains. The relief package was criticized by BJP leaders including Devendra Fadnavis.

hear the news

A 72-hour hunger strike led by BJP leaders demanding financial assistance for farmers affected by heavy rains and floods in the Marathwada region, including Maharashtra’s Latur district, ended on Wednesday night. The opposition party resolved to continue the struggle for the welfare of the farmers of the state.

Hunger strike started on Monday
The hunger strike began on Monday and ended hours after the Maharashtra government announced financial assistance late on Wednesday. Maharashtra government has announced financial assistance of Rs 10,000 crore for farmers whose crops were damaged due to heavy rains. The relief package was criticized by BJP leaders including Devendra Fadnavis.

Government announces financial assistance of Rs 10000 crore
Agricultural crops on over 55 lakh hectares of land have been damaged due to the extremely heavy rains between June and October this year. In order to provide some assistance to the farmers, the Maharashtra government has decided to provide financial assistance of Rs 10,000 crore to the affected farmers, an official statement in Mumbai said.

BJP told the aid amount insufficient
However, former state minister and BJP MLA Sambhajirao Patil Nilangekar, who was part of the agitation in Latur, termed the aid as inadequate and said the Mahavikas Aghadi (MVA) government has made a “joke of farmers”. He said that BJP will continue to fight till the farmers get justice. Patil Nilangekar’s hunger strike began at Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Chowk in Latur with 127 farmers of the district.

The BJP leader also lambasted NCP president Sharad Pawar, whose party is an ally in the MVA government. He said that the plight of farmers in Marathwada has been ignored. The relief package announced by the government is not acceptable. The Chief Minister may have forgotten that Marathwada is a part of Maharashtra.

Will start a big movement in future: Nilangekar

He said, “Though the hunger strike is over, but in future a strong and big movement will be launched in a different way in support of the farmers. Patil Nilangekar alleged that the MVA government was “harassing” the farmers for the last two years.

Of the 127 farmers who took part in the hunger strike, 14 farmers had to be admitted to hospitals as they fell unconscious. Former CM Fadnavis said that the aid announced by the state government is like a joke with the farmers.

Due to heavy rains last month, water was released from the Manjara dam, which inundated many other areas, including Latur. Sambhaji Patil Nilangekar along with 127 farmers from 32 affected villages of Nilanga, Deoni, Ausa and Shirur-Anantpal tehsils along with 127 farmers from other areas held a protest and hunger strike at Shivaji Chowk in Latur. More than 4,000 farmers had come to show solidarity in this demonstration.

Expansion

A 72-hour hunger strike led by BJP leaders demanding financial assistance for farmers affected by heavy rains and floods in the Marathwada region, including Maharashtra’s Latur district, ended on Wednesday night. The opposition party resolved to continue the struggle for the welfare of the farmers of the state.

Hunger strike started on Monday

The hunger strike began on Monday and ended hours after the Maharashtra government announced financial assistance late on Wednesday. Maharashtra government has announced financial assistance of Rs 10,000 crore for farmers whose crops were damaged due to heavy rains. The relief package was criticized by BJP leaders including Devendra Fadnavis.

Government announces financial assistance of Rs 10000 crore

Agricultural crops on over 55 lakh hectares of land have been damaged due to the extremely heavy rains between June and October this year. In order to provide some assistance to the farmers, the Maharashtra government has decided to provide financial assistance of Rs 10,000 crore to the affected farmers, an official statement in Mumbai said.

BJP told the aid amount insufficient

However, former state minister and BJP MLA Sambhajirao Patil Nilangekar, who was part of the agitation in Latur, termed the aid as inadequate and said the Mahavikas Aghadi (MVA) government has made a “joke of farmers”. He said that BJP will continue to fight till the farmers get justice. Patil Nilangekar’s hunger strike began at Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Chowk in Latur with 127 farmers of the district.

The BJP leader also lambasted NCP president Sharad Pawar, whose party is an ally in the MVA government. He said that the plight of farmers in Marathwada has been ignored. The relief package announced by the government is not acceptable. The Chief Minister may have forgotten that Marathwada is a part of Maharashtra.

Will start a big movement in future: Nilangekar

He said, “Though the hunger strike is over, but in future a strong and big movement will be launched in a different way in support of the farmers. Patil Nilangekar alleged that the MVA government was “harassing” the farmers for the last two years.

Of the 127 farmers who took part in the hunger strike, 14 farmers had to be admitted to hospitals as they fell unconscious. Former CM Fadnavis said that the aid announced by the state government is like a joke with the farmers.


Due to heavy rains last month, water was released from the Manjara dam, which inundated many other areas, including Latur. Sambhaji Patil Nilangekar along with 127 farmers from 32 affected villages of Nilanga, Deoni, Ausa and Shirur-Anantpal tehsils along with 127 farmers from other areas held a protest and hunger strike at Shivaji Chowk in Latur. More than 4,000 farmers had come to show solidarity in this demonstration.

Disclaimer: This post has been auto-published from an agency/news feed without any modifications to the text and has not been reviewed by an editor.

Continue Reading

Top News

marriage frauds in Delhi: The gang who cheated crores on the pretext of marriage busted

blank

Published

on

blank

Highlights

  • Transfer money to Nigerian bank accounts
  • used international number
  • Police arrested through technical surveillance

New Delhi
Older girls, widows and divorced women were used on matrimonial sites on the pretext of marriage. By luring them to take them abroad, they used to get involved in frivolous things. After some time, telling himself in trouble, he started extorting money. These vicious thugs would slowly take away all the cash. Victims would also sell their jewellery. She used to take loans from relatives and even loans from banks. The cyber cell of Shahdara district has busted the entire gang.

The accused have been identified as Lawrence Chike Lalou (30), a Nigerian resident of Vasant Kunj, Ayotunde Okunade alias Alex (34) and Deepak Dixit (29) of Ambedkar Colony Chhatarpur. The police claim that the accused have defrauded more than 100 girls or women of more than Rs 25 crore.

meeting at matrimonial site
DCP (Shahdara) R. Satyasundaram told that a girl had lodged a case of such cheating in Jagatpuri police station recently. The accused met him on the matrimonial site, who won the trust with frivolous words. A few days later, he proposed marriage. Constantly chatting on WhatsApp.

All cash transferred to your account
After a few days, he asked for the help of money, stating himself in trouble. The victim got into things, who got all the cash transferred to her account. After this, he pledged his jewelery and gave money. In this way, 15 lakh rupees were deposited in different bank accounts.

used international number
The accused told during interrogation that many Nigerians, including Lawrence and Alex, were involved in this scam. The accused used to register themselves on the matrimonial site. He used to describe himself as well-qualified and NRI. He described himself as a doctor, engineer and businessman. Indian security agencies used to use international phone numbers to escape from the grip.

…and the police team reached such accused
A team of Inspector Vikas Kumar, SI Rahul, HC Deepak, Sepoy Vikas, Rajdeep and Deepshikha was formed under the supervision of ACP Manoj Pant. The bank accounts in which the money was transferred by the victim were searched. Investigation revealed that there are 30-35 such accounts, which were opened in banks of different states of the country. The police reached the accused through technical surveillance.

Transfer money to Nigerian bank accounts
The accused often used to transfer the swindled money to Nigerian bank accounts. They used to withdraw money from the swipe machine. Deepak Dixit, a resident of Ambedkar Colony of Chhatarpur, used to rent Point of Sale (POS) swipe machines to foreign accused. It used to get 10 per cent of the total money withdrawn. Police have recovered 6 bank debit cards, 5 POS machines, three mobile phones, a laptop and a tablet.

Disclaimer: This post has been auto-published from an agency/news feed without any modifications to the text and has not been reviewed by an editor.

Continue Reading

Trending