Tamil Nadu Chief Minister MK Stalin said that as part of the CSR initiative, the cost of procuring the vaccines would be borne by hotelier Adyar Ananda Bhavan and the vaccines would be provided free of cost at the hospital.
hear the news
Chief Minister MK Stalin will formally inaugurate the scheme on Wednesday (July 28) at the city’s Kaveri Hospital. He said that as part of the CSR initiative, the cost of procurement of vaccines would be borne by hotelier Adyar Anand Bhavan and the vaccines would be provided free of cost in the hospital.
He told reporters that people living near the hospital can take advantage of it. Last week, Subramaniam held discussions with representatives of 137 hospitals and industrialists from Chennai, Tiruvallur, Ranipet, Chengalpet, Vellore, Kancheepuram Tirupathur and Coimbatore. Subramaniam said the scheme would be gradually rolled out in districts after starting the free vaccine program in private hospitals on July 28.
He said that the hospitals offering this service would advertise the scheme in the area so that the public could take advantage of it. On July 23, Subramaniam had said that the Center is bearing the cost of procuring 75 per cent of the vaccines from June 21. Prime Minister Narendra Modi had made an announcement to this effect. While the remaining 25 per cent is allocated to private health care providers.
Subramaniam had made it clear that along with the free vaccination campaign, the system of getting paid vaccines in private hospitals would also continue. A Kovashield vaccine (vaccine made by Serum Institute of India) has been fixed at Rs 780 per dose, while Covaxin (vaccine from Bharat Biotech) is priced at Rs 1,410.
He said that vaccines are available free of cost to the public in government hospitals as before. Along with this, the Health Minister said that the departmental inquiry into the free mask distribution scheme started during the AIADMK regime is going on. Subramaniam said that when the AIADMK was in power, the DMK had requested for free distribution of masks to the public in the assembly.
He alleged that initially this request of the DMK was rejected, but later the plan was implemented by the revenue department. The masks that were distributed were substandard. He said that departmental inquiry has been started.
New cases decreasing in the state
According to the state health department, there has been a decrease in new cases since 1,904 cases were reported on July 20. On Saturday, 1,819 new cases were reported in the state. However, the death toll rose to 33,911 with 22 more deaths due to the virus in the last 24 hours.
A health department bulletin said that with 2,447 people discharged, 23,364 people have been discharged leaving 24,91,222 active cases. 34 districts have reported new infection cases in double digits, while 27 districts have reported no fresh deaths. 126 new cases have been reported in Chennai, taking the total number here to 5,37,124, while the death toll in the state capital has increased to 8,310, including three deaths in the last 24 hours.
Among the districts, Coimbatore reported the maximum 169 cases, while Perambalur reported the least six, the bulletin said. A total of 1,44,219 samples were tested in the last 24 hours, taking the number of samples tested so far to 3,65,34,735. Among the 22 dead, a 35-year-old woman was the only one who had no symptoms of corona.
New cases decreasing in the state
Disclaimer: This post has been auto-published from an agency/news feed without any modifications to the text and has not been reviewed by an editor.
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings