Cancer (signal picture)
– Photo : Social Media
hear the news
According to research, men account for 77 percent of cancer cases due to drinking alcohol, while women who are victims of it account for 23 percent of the total cases. Among 5,68,700 men, 1,72,600 women were found to have cancer effects due to alcohol consumption. The highest number of cancer cases have been found in the esophagus, liver and breast due to alcohol consumption. Researchers say that based on data from previous years, it was found that there were 6.3 million cases of mouth, esophagus, throat, intestine, rectum, liver and breast cancer in 2020. In the first of its kind research conducted in 2020, a clear direct connection of these cancers to alcohol consumption has been confirmed.
According to Harriet Roumage of France’s International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC), trends show that per capita alcohol consumption has decreased in many European countries, while Asian countries such as China and India and African countries in the Sahara region have reduced alcohol consumption. use has increased. Along with this, there is also evidence that during the Kovid-19 epidemic, the rate of drinking has increased in some countries.
Such has been the relationship between alcohol and cancer
- 7,41,300 new cancers linked to alcohol use in 2020
- 39% i.e. 2,91,800 cases are related to risky drinking (2 to 6 pag per day).
- 47% i.e. 3,46,400 cases are due to heavy drinking (more than 6 pegs per day).
- 14% i.e. 1,03,100 cases are due to moderate drinking (up to 2 pag per day).
Region’s share of global cancer
- 6-6% i.e. the highest number of cases are from East Asia, Central and Eastern Europe.
- 01 percent i.e. the lowest number of cases in North Africa and West Asia
These countries are ahead in cancer related to alcohol
- Mongolia is at number one with 10 percent
- Kuwait is at the bottom with 00%
Share of alcohol-borne cancers in total cases
Country Percentage Cases
India 05 62100
China 06 2,82,300
Germany 04 21,500
France 05 20,000
UK 04 16800
US 03 52700
Brazil 04 20,500
(case- cancer caused by alcohol)
Disclaimer: This post has been auto-published from an agency/news feed without any modifications to the text and has not been reviewed by an editor.